Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Free Time



Well, since I last wrote I have lost my job at Honeywell. The reason I was given was that "your job is being eliminated". No reasons.. and I was too stunned to even question it. Oh, I know the reasons but will refrain from lowering myself to even discuss it here. Corporate America has lost it's soul and there is no loyalty to any employee anymore. I was told and was out of my office in less than an hour. Walked to the door like a common criminal nearly. So much for 10 1/2 years of work. So now I am free. They say when God closes a door, He opens a window. I'm still waiting to see what window I should look out.... actually I am enjoying being home, sleeping late in the morning, reading a book late at night, watching Martha and Oprah and spending time quilting and playing with the "boys". Gene is always busy and Levi is thrilled to have his servants at home all day.

I have my resume rewritten...hard to do..I'm not good at promoting myself. Will be sending it out to a few places this week and filing my unemployment claims. Not fun at this time of my life but we are so much luckier than many people. We have options and one is to move to New Mexico in the spring. May is what we are thinking....so perhaps I'll go to a temp agency and work through them for a few months. Have a friend who works for Microsoft and she's getting me the Office 2007 software so I can keep up my skills there and perhaps get certified to teach Office. Might be fun.

The picture is of the quilts I'm making for the twins' who will be 1-year old on Dec 4th so would love to get those done and off in the mail to them in time for that. Since these pictures were taken I've done the applique and also put borders on them. Will post more pics when they are done. Also working on one for my brother's grand-daughter, McKenna, who will be 3 or 4 in March... would like to get that one done this week and mailed off so her grandparents can see it when they go to see their kids next week in California.

Gene and I are going to Mobile for Christmas this year. David and Carol have a new "old" house in Mobile which will be fun to see. We'll also drive to New Orleans for a couple of days...D&C have friends who have loaned us their condo in NO... will get to see all the sights there and also the 9th Ward that was so devastated by Katrina. First time in 45 years or so that I've spent Christmas with my brother.

So things are going along. LIfe is not all bad and God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment