Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Seattle

Yup! We had to cancel our trip to Mobile. NWA cancelled the flight on Monday 22nd and the earliest they could get us out of Seattle was Saturday 27th. Just didn't make sense to book that and hope we could get out... so we cancelled. What a depressing day Monday was. Not only were we bummed, but so were David and Carol. I think I shed more tears that day than the day I got laid off! But the snow keep falling and we kept shoveling and on Tuesday managed to get thru the ice and snow to pick up Levi. Sure hated to cancel his little vacation as it meant the gals that take care of him had to give up some income. But they were very nice about it. So all three of us spent Christmas in Seattle. Went to Steve and Mike's for drinks and hors doeuvres on Christmas Eve and then to Judy and Dick's for dinner on Christmas day. So nice of our friends to rescue our Christmas and us. We will certainly remember what is supposed to be our last Seattle Christmas.

The city has done an absolutely awful job of clearing streets...they refuse to use salt and the plows actually have rubber blades. It was horrid. But now the warm-up has come and all the snow is gone. Yesterday (Saturday) I finally got my car out of our garage and I got to go shopping. Had to get the oil changed and to the fabric store. Today I must go to the grocery store.

Good things about the snow storm...some pretty pictures, a warm house, 4-wheel drive Rodeo, and not being stuck at the airport. It could have been so much worse.

So I've been working on the Adobe Angels wall hanging. Am ready to quilt it and then on Tuesday I'm going to Jean's to add some bling to it and see her quilt that she finished. And then we are taking ourselves out to lunch!!

Also found some great recipe software in my surfing the net and installed that last night. I might finally actually really get all my recipes off 4x6 cards and into the computer. It's called BigOven and is rated the highest of all the recipe software out there. And developed right here in little ole Seattle by an ex-Microsoftie. Am so excited as I was disillusioned with MasterCook. Even got all my recipes that were on MC imported to BigOven files. Now if I could just find some software that would organize my sewing room I'd be in great shape.

So that's all for now..We are feeling better, the sun is shining off and on today, the Vikings won the division and the roads are clear. We spent Christmas with some wonderful people who I am calling "God's Plan B" and are truly blessed. Looking forward to more adventures to come. Proably Mardi Gras in Mobile end of Feb and a week or so with Skip and Sara in Perdido Key.

No comments:

Post a Comment