Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini




Acckkk... it's a frog in an "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"...and why you ask? Well, she's a family heirloom. Which will surprise all my family that reads this.

Many years ago, when my mom and step-father lived in South Texas, a friend of my mom's gave her this ceramic frog . Originally "Miss Froggy" was wearing a yellow polka dot bikini, but time and sunshine and age got to her. I "inherited" her and now she's going to go and live in New Mexico with us. If you look closely, you'll see she has acquired the Seattle suntan...green moss - from living outside on our front porch.

In order to prepare MF for her next journey, Gene filled her with concrete and a steel tie wire for some structural strength, as along the way she has also "lost" a couple of parts that glue doesn't seem to hold. Her bikini is faded (no spots) so I will eventually paint some dots on it.... But she will have a place of honor (quit laughing) at our new home.

As Kermit the Frog once said "It's not easy being green".


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:43 PM

    We have one of these too, but she's been an inside froggie. Her sunglasses are adorned with flowers. I can't remember how she came our way, but she's been around for a very long time. I need to send you a photo of our MF!
    ~Baxterror's Mama

    ReplyDelete