

Progress is being made.... I have 8 of the pots embroidered! 4 more to go. It gets easier as I do them but the last four are the hardest of them all...lots of details. But I can see the end... have decided that rather than fuss with trying to get my Bernina to do the eyes and flower centers, I'm going to either use hot fix rhinestones or some sort of metallic "beads" - saw some that will work at the Sewing Expo so I think I'll use that sort of thing. Not a lot..but they'll add another dimension.
Still need to decide on the sashing pattern. Am going to use some stash fabric and make up a few of the blocks the pattern suggests and see if I like them or not. And will try a brown/black color instead of solid black which is too harsh for my taste...
..more snow today but it came in the form of ice/sleet/snow and now rain... been snowing up in the mountains I guess but we really haven't gotten much of anything to worry about!
Still planning on a trip to NM right after Easter and I'm actually making some progress on cleaning and emptying and tossing and donating stuff. Still way too much stuff !! And in all the mess I've managed to loose my watch... it'll show up but for now... oh well when one is retired, one does not need a watch.
Now that Beads and Beyond inhabits Quilts Northwest, there are lots of beads to select from. Are you doing all this embroidery on your machine? I need to see one of these in person....Thursday maybe? The pots are looking great! BTW, we missed you on Sunday!
ReplyDeleteYes, I am doing it on my machine. Just using a few of the basic stitches - I'll bring a couple of the blocks to choir. Thanks. I missed being there on Sunday...my knee is giving me some problems and decided I needed to rest it. More details in person. Maybe I'll stop at QWNWBB and see if they have anything I can use. Thinking I should wait until it's quilted to put the bling on so she doesn't have to work around those.
ReplyDelete