Today is sunny and beautiful here in Seattle. I was determined to do at least one more block although I'm tired and just feel like doing nothing! Oh the life of a "sort of retired" person. Ha!! I have finished 4 blocks now and started the 5th one but am stymied since the picture of the block is not really clear and the directions give me colors that don't appear in the picture. I think it's because so many of the dark colors look black... so it's time to stop for the day and get a fresh start in the daylight tomorrow. Iv'e got #1, #4, #7 and #8 done (counting from left to right on row 1 and then going to row 2) and am starting on #3. The bird looks black but supposedly the body is "green mesh"...whatever that means...
Have to admit that I'm hooked on all the inagural coverage on tv... what a time to be alive. Just realized today that this really is an historic event... I mean, I know it's historic but really thought about it today and came to the realization that we all we've had are white guys for presidents...different backgrounds in life but still all white guys. And here we are with a man who is making us realize that there are many colors in this country and around the world and I just thought it must be great for those who aren't white to see this... hard to explain but he really does reach so many people on so many levels. I'm thrilled... felt that he would be President some day after his speech back in 2004 at the convention... I remember saying that to Gene. Just didn't think it would be this soon. What a heavy burden he is inheriting and certainly needs our prayers and good wishes. God Speed Mr President.
No comments:
Post a Comment