
OK - today was sunny, warmish, just a gorgeous spring day in Seattle. So did we go for a walk? No. I worked on some files for my appointment with the unemployment dept tomorrow - going to talk about getting approved for training so that I can still collect unemployment but don't have to look for a job. Not sure how that will go but I got my paperwork in order. Also sent my resume out to 3 places.
Then I baked bread. It's a great thing to do to work off frustration - so I used a great recipe for Beer Rye bread...makes four round loaves and includes 3 C of beer (used ESB Ale) and also molasses, orange zest, caraway seeds, etc. Sure makes the house smell good. It's an easy recipe although you do have to be prepared for it since you need beer and caraway seeds...which are not always in the cupboard. But today they were.... at some point in the day I thought maybe I should just have drunk the beer instead of putting it in the bread.!!
Not much else happening around here. Had a great walk at the SSCC Arboretum yesterday after we went to Rockler's to get a wood "medallion" for the back of my rocker. We had Levi along and he really enjoyed the arboretum....wow, so many things to smell and dig... he was in doggy heaven. It's really a nice spot and just the right size - not so big that you get lost or exhausted or overloaded with what you are seeing. Gene is taking a Conifer class at SSCC so he was using the time to identify the trees and learn what more of them are. It was fun.
OK - bread is cool enough to cut and taste now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment