Friday, May 08, 2009

Heading for the Border



The quilt top is DONE...nearly... all the blocks and sashing are sewn together and now I just need to add the narrow border to it. The border is black and is only about 2-3 inches wide so that should go fairly quickly. However, the quilt is very large so moving it around is not easy....but we hung the top from the deck and I took pictures of it by standing on the garage roof..color is not perfect..the borders are coral and black and turquoise but it's close as the sun was over on the other side of the house.. .. and we got the totem pole in some of them too. Fun. Cannot believe this thing is nearly ready for quilting and I'm really glad I'm not the one who is going to be quilting it.

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought the pattern in a shop in Albuquerque and the woman who designed it does their quilting so we are going to have her quilt it. I plan to take it there on June 18 for their 3rd Thursday "Show and Tell" day and therefore get 15% off the cost of the batting and backing for it. Since we plan to arrive in NM before that, I will just take a road trip from Las Vegas to ABQ with my quilt - maybe I'll find someone in Las Vegas that wants to go with me...

Tomorrow I put the borders on and then can start packing up the sewing room and get it ready to paint. Can't wait to start organizing my new sewing room in LV. There is carpet in there now and I really want to pull that up and put wood down to match the living/dining room wood. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment