Tuesday - still cold but not as bad and the sun was out for the second day in a row! Hoooooray. Our hill is clear but the turn at the bottom still has some ice. I know that because after calling AAA to come and start my car (dead battery) I drove off to charge it. However, the "check engine" light was on so I just drove over to Elliott Tire and asked them to fix the dang thing. I turned off the car there and then tried to restart it and of course ended up leaving it there with them to fix. They just called and I need a new battery - why don't they last longer than 5 years!! and also a new belt that drives all that stuff....the old one has some cracks in it. Hey, it's only money. So $200 later, or about that, I'll have my car back at 6:00 tonight. Guess it could have been worse. They were very nice and helpful and Gene came to pick me up and pulled out a business card with a free oil/lube change on it they had given him awhile back. We always used to take our cars there and then they changed management and the new guys were gouging everyone. When Gene had to pay an exorbitant amount of money to get his car fixed there, he complained and of course they couldn't do much about it (this is the new management) but he did have this free oil/lube so they'll do that also. I just love cars! But it all turned out ok and I will get to my hair appointment on time!! Priorities!!
Was going to go down to the water and take some pictures afterwards but it's too late so if the sun comes out tomorrow I'm going to head down there and see what I can find.
Still cleaning the sewing room... pulled out all the fabric for the pot quilt and all the batiks I have... lots of nice batiks waiting to be used. Maybe tomorrow I'll head to The Quilting Loft in Ballard and get the background fabric for the folk art quilt so I can get some appliques ready to take to Alabama with me. Or not.......

Enough musings... haven't accomplished a lot......feeling a whole lot better.........dropped out of choir for the Christmas season.......should start thinking about clothes to take......etc
No comments:
Post a Comment